When we do not eat enough fruits and vegetables, we overlook essential nutrients, which may lower our risk for heart disease, stroke, cancer, and other health ailments. Based on the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), adults should have 1-2 cups of fruit and 2-3 cups of vegetables every day. However, in a recent study, it was discovered that 70 per cent of adults do not eat enough fruit and 80 per cent of adults do not eat enough veggies.
A multivitamin is like an insurance policy, a daily guarantee to make sure your body receives the vitamins and minerals it needs. It can compensate for the shortfalls that occur if you don’t get what you want through food.
Some of the advantages of taking Vitamins:
- Healthy aging: As we grow our nutritional needs increases. At the same time, it becomes harder for the body to absorb nutrients. Medicines can further deplete our body of nourishment. A multivitamin may offset these deficiencies.
- Good for your heart: Studies show that taking a high-quality multivitamin can reduce cardiovascular disease. Vitamins like B2, B6, B3 and magnesium plays a vital role in cardiovascular health.
- Reduces cancer risk: Vitamin use was associated with a decreased risk of several cancers. Recent research of 14,000 men aged 50 and older found that daily multivitamin supplementation “significantly reduced the risk of overall cancer.”
- Immunity: Vitamin C or citrus fruits or veggies are strong antioxidants known to boost your immunity. Vitamins E and D boost immunity, also. These vitamins may also help reduce allergies.
- Eye care: Lutein and Zeaxanthin protect the eyes from damaging light waves. Studies have shown multivitamins containing a mix of vitamins, lutein, and zeaxanthin can cut the risk of macular degeneration.
- Vitamins D, E, K and A are stored in the body, also known as excess fat soluble vitamins. Water-soluble vitamins (B and C) aren’t. Excessive nitrate vitamins only travel through the body. This means it’s required to take these crucial vitamins on a daily basis.
- Healthy skin and hair: Take antioxidants B3 (Niacin), biotin, and Vitamin C for fuller hair. For healthy skin, take antioxidants A, C, E, and CoQ10.
- Makes you feel better: Thanks in large part to the Vitamin B family, taking a multivitamin is connected with an increase in energy levels, feelings of well-being, in addition to a reduction in stress and anxiety.